ADUG 2022 Winter Symposium

ADUG 2022 Winter Symposium will be held on 2022-06-16T22:00:00Z2022-06-17T07:00:00Z

This is an online event due to Covid.

Once again we will be having excellent presentations from well known members of the world wide Delphi community.

Speakers are

• Malcolm Groves, long involved with ADUG
  • Ray Konopka, well known as the guru of the VCL
  • Alister Christie, author of the LearnDelphi TV series of videos
  • Stefan Glienke, author of many popular open source Delphi projects, including Spring4D

Put the date in your diaries now, so you don’t miss out on this great day.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Sue. Ray is always good and I’ll be particularly looking forward to hearing Stefan.

I have three options - which is the correct one?

Lucky you. I had 2 choices, I selected the top one and it worked.

I’m not sure either. I’ve messaged @Geoff to try and find out. :wink:

Just to be different, I decided to pick the 3rd option (as I will be doing it online). :slight_smile:

Any reply yet Sue? It’s rather confusing (or is it just my Alzheimer’s kicking in).

If you are coming to Melbourne, use the first one.

If you are participating online, use the third one.

If you have already used the second one, I think it registers you for online, and not Melbourne.

If you are wondering about how to get to the Melbourne venue, there is some information about transport now on the web page.

Hi Sue. I am not sure which I got registered for, but I wanted the online one.

1 Like

That is what you have. :grinning:

Sue, can you clarify the following :
2. says "Online and Melbourne.
3. says “Online …” (presumably interstate ?).

And - will “Online” be Zoom ?

If you select Online and Melbourne… you will get another option to select either “Melbourne” or “Online”. We will be showing the symposium via Zoom like last year.

Other states may organise a get together to watch the symposium together… although I don’t know of any yet.

If I register, will the presentations be recorded so that I can watch them at a different time? I’m in the U.S. (EDT), so it will be difficult for me to watch them live.

The recordings will be available shortly after the symposium, for members of ADUG. You would need to join ADUG to get access to them.

There is more information at the ADUG Symposium 2022 page

Just to be sure, I should select this one to become a member? “[$85.00] Join ADUG and Register for ADUG Online Symposium 2022 - Online - Jun 17 2022 - Non Members -(Closes16/06/2022) (Closes 16 Jun)”.

Both options cost $85.

ADUG membership also includes access to the previous year’s symposium videos also.
BTW fees are in AUD. $85.00 is approximately USD$60.

Where are those videos stored?
I couldn’t find them in the member area.