About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with experience in software design and development to join our team to assist with providing our customers with superior software and services. This is a permanent full-time role based in our Melbourne office.
Surefire works with several high profile customers. This role will be engaging, dynamic, challenging and fufilling.
The Software Developer role will involve:
* Maintenance of our current enterprise software suite
* Designing, coding, unit testing & documentation of new software/features
* Code inspections and technical reviews
* Reporting and presenting to the team & other departments
* Communicating progress with clients
* Providing third level support to team members when required; and
* Contributing to the developmental process and procedure refinement.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for somebody who has:
* Tertiary degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in software development or engineering
* Proven experience with Delphi (C#, .NET a bonus)
* Demonstrated experience with Object Orientated Design & Programming
* Strong CS & software engineering fundamentals around object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and working with data structures
* SQL and NoSQL database engines with experience of the various methods of connectivity
* Experience in communications with Web Servers and an understanding of web based concepts, SOA, RPC, SOAP & REST APIs
Experience in these areas will be highly regarded:
* Web Development experience (Java script, CSS, HTML, jQuery, PHP & Frontend frameworks highly regarded)
* Agile/Scrum experience
* Understanding of Retail Point of Sale systems, Back Office and Multi Store systems.
All Responses should be sent to email@example.com