Anyone know how to update their original Kai 1.0.0 installation to Kai 1.1?
When I open GetIt there’s only the original Kai 1.0.0 listed and my only option is to “Uninstall”, whereas I was expecting to see an “Update” button.
Anyone know how to update their original Kai 1.0.0 installation to Kai 1.1?
When I open GetIt there’s only the original Kai 1.0.0 listed and my only option is to “Uninstall”, whereas I was expecting to see an “Update” button.
Not sure why it’s not listed in GetIt on your machine, but you can go to https://my.embarcadero.com and download it from there.
@ianbarker I’ll download it from the website but would you suggest I uninstall before installing the new version or just go over the top. I’ve just been playing around with it so far, I have no significant configuration settings I need to preserve so an uninstall/reinstall would be fine if that’s the cleaner way.
Also just so you know I’m not crazy, here’s some screenshots from my Delphi 13.1 GetIt showing how only the original Kai is available there.
As you can see in this screenshot I am seeing the most recent releases of other products on GetIt. In this image you can see where Kai should be between the DX.Comply for the 3rd September and the FMXStarterKit on the 9th September.
These screenshots are from my desktop, on my laptop which I have never installed Kai on, I do see Kai 1.1 in GetIt.
I’ll just get it from the website later this week so it’s not a big deal. In the meantime though if you want any info from this machine that could help you diagnose why it can’t see the latest Kai version just let me know.
Yeah, that’s weird. I wonder if something odd is going on with the date sorting (I know sort options had an issue but that has been fixed for some time now).
I’ll pass on the details and see what they say.
Hi @Lachlan, I just had a quick look and I can see all of the Kai versions. This is when run in D12.2. I do not have Kai installed.
It seems that you are missing a few items in the “all” list, so perhaps a certain date range is missing:
Does GetIt build a local cache? If it does perhaps try clearing that.
Cheers,
Jarrod
I set the same settings as your screenshot, filter by “Kai” and on my desktop I get just the original in the list, and on my laptop just the latest in the list. Interesting that you have all versions listed…
Here’s a new unfiltered list from my desktop with the same settings as yours. You have Kai 1.1.0 and Static Code Analyser for Delphi 0.9.16 while I don’t, but I have TVideoGrabber SDK 16.6.2.0 and you don’t.
Looks like GetIt might need a bit of attention from Embarcadero. I’ve never looked into how it works so I’m not sure if there’s any local cache or not.
The packages may be version and sku dependent. I am using D12.2 Professional.
I loaded up a VM that has Delphi 12.1 Enterprise in it and my unfiltered list of GetIt downloads matches yours (including Kai 1.1.0).
My desktop and laptop are both Delphi 13.1 Enterprise so that accounts for the differences in other packages but there’s definitely something strange going on with the Kai downloads on my desktop.