Symposium 2022 is on June 17th

There is something for everyone, with topics ranging from debugging to refactoring, essential tools and VCL High DPI handling.

Participate in the symposium online, on Friday 17th June, 2022, from 8:30 am AEST.

Register now for this great lineup of speakers and topics.

• Malcolm Groves - Keep Calm and use the Debugger
  • Ray Kanopka - Leveraging High DPI in VCL Applications
  • Alister Christie - Turning Spaghetti into … Lasagne?? A Fresh Look at Refactoring
  • Stefan Glienke - Introduction to Spring4D

For more information, visit the ADUG Symposium 2022 page.

1 Like

Is anyone in the Sydney area interested in getting together at a suitable location to attend this event online? I’d suggest a central location with food and drinks available for purchase and a small to medium sized meeting area with AV facilities. Any suggestions?

Steve

In case it hasn’t been reported, the [Chelsea Heights Hotel] link on the Melbourne info page…
https://www.adug.org.au/meetings/symposiums/2022-symposium/melbourne-chelsea-heights/
points to the Men’s Shed :slight_smile:

Thanks, fixed.

Steve - my suggestion is Canberra.
:slightly_smiling_face:
Aneal

Now i am confused, has the date changed from 16th to 17th

Where did you see the 16th? The web page and registration all have the 17th.

It is on Friday, 17th June.

I am very pleased that the Melbourne branch is having a venue. (I am booked for it.)

This is because this morning (Thu 6th) I got a text relating to the very day of the symposium:-
“NBNCo planned maintenance in your area between 8.30 - 3.30 from 17/06/22 and 17/06/22”.

1 Like

Is anyone aware when the symposium Zoom invites will go out ?

Close to the day.

Just a note the non-member link at the bottom of the webpage (2022 Online Symposium – ADUG) points to the incorrect address:
Top link:
ADUG Event Registration
Bottom link:
https://services.adug.org.au/cgi-bin/ADUGWPServices.exe?events?2034

Thank you! The link has been updated.

Sue, could you post on the Forum when Zoom Invites have gone out (just in case anyone misses their email for some reason).

Thanks

Yes, they will be posted in the Meetings → Symposium 2022 category. This is for symposium attendees.

1 Like

I have just been informed I need to Demo a project in the morning of the Symposium. Are the presentations going to be recorded so I can catch up on the ones I missed later on?

@Peter_Magor1 The presentations will be recorded. They will appear in the Symposium 2022 category in these forums, after they have been edited. Hopefully within a week or two after symposium.

2 Likes

Thanks @Geoff

Registrations are closed now?

Yes, if you wish to register I will re-open it briefly